“Off-Page SEO” concerned to all the activities that you can do away from your website to increase the ranking of a page with search engines. To improve the position of a website in the search engine results page, Off page SEO contains the various techniques that you can apply to your website. Many people define off-page SEO is a link building technique but it is not only that. Off-page SEO is not just about building links.
In general, Off-page SEO simply tells search engines what others think about your web site.
Importance matter for more business growth. Higher ranking concerned with more links, more visits and more social media. The Importance Off-page SEO grows up continuously and it never goes down. Off-page optimization help to rank higher in the search engine result page. If your website gets high rank in the search result that means higher traffic to your website.
The key benefits of Off-Page SEO
Increase in rankings – Off-page SEO helps the website to rank higher in the SERPs and it also brings more traffic to the website.
Increase in PageRank – In view of Google, the importance of the websites shows in the form of Pagerank which is a number between 0 and 10.
More exposure – When your website gain higher rankings also mean greater exposure because when a website ranks in the top positions: it gets more links, more visits and more social media mentions. It’s like a never-ending sequence of events where one thing leads to another and then to another etc.
Most Effective techniques of Off-Page SEO:
Link building: Links are like the glue that keeps the web together. To determine the value of the content or a website, Search engines use links. But you must get quality links if you’re serious about ranking. Always choose quality over the quantity of the links. Quantity is not mattered that how many links are pointing to your website but from where the link is coming to your page matters a lot.
There are different ways that can be used for link building in Off-page Optimization:
- Directory submission: It is one of the most common ways of getting quality links to your website by Submit your content to standard directory submission sites under the appropriate category.
- Forum posting: To get the quality backlinks and good traffic forum posting is the smartest way along with participating in online discussion boards.
- Blog posting: Blog posting is an effective way of creating backlinks for website promotion. Prepare a unique content with good pointing links to your website and submit into the good blog submission websites.
- Article submission: Pointing good quality backlinks to your website by Write informative articles related to your product and services. Analyze it carefully before submission of the article.
- Press release submission: To increase the page rank of any site, press releases submission is the best way and It increases the great online visibility of the website.
- Search engine submission: To get indexed properly in page rank, submit your websites properly to major search engines like Google, Bing, etc.
- Pdf and PPT submission: Pdf and PPT submission helps in quick indexing and helps in generating the natural backlinks to the website. Submit your content in Pdf and PPT format to pdf submission websites.
- Classified submission: It is the most popular, effective and faster way of digital marketing. Classified ads are being in use to search what the real people want.
- Video Submission: People love to listen and watch about the products and services of the websites, so video submission is the smartest way to increase the popularity and also pointing quality incoming links to your website. It helps in bringing traffic to your site.
- Blog commenting: Blog commenting is a common technique for building links to your webpage and bring good traffic to your website.
- Guest posting: Guest posting is just like writing a blog or article. It is also helpful in building natural links for your webpage.
- Social Media: Social media plays an important role in increasing the page ranking and link building of your website. Having a social profile is also a form of link building and it is mandatory to maintain it properly. The most links we get from social media no follow links but helps in gaining ranking factor.
- Social Bookmarking: Find out the best websites to promote your content according to your industry. Social bookmarking is a good way to drive more traffic to your website.
Most common mistakes in Off-Page SEO
Many bloggers and webmasters provide comment options to get the reviews and ideas of their readers about their blog. Comment option allows them to gather the information that what people are interested in. Some SEO people used to comment on websites which are good in SEO rankings to gain links that are pointing towards their own website. But don’t forget that the links are valuable only if those links are coming to related web pages.
Sometimes SEO people even put comments such as “Thank you” or “Nice Post” and insert their website link below that. Google knows this technique and the Google crawlers only see the first 100 links on any page they visit. This is the most common mistake in SEO and a waste of time and a technique of spamming because search engines are aware of this so stay alert.
Firstly it is not allowed to buy links secondly, from a view of search engines, it is a spam practice. You can create many backlinks within a couple of hours by purchasing the link building software. This kind of software and buying links are defined as a spam technique to the search engines. Always avoid this technique while doing SEO.
Article marketing or posting is a good SEO technique to get quality backlinks to your website. But the problem is when you are posting the same content on multiple websites and this creates duplicates. Duplicate content has no SEO value and most importantly it is viewed as spam link building. Always post unique and good quality content so that search engines will reward you for your good job.
When you are submitting your website to directories please choose the right category according to your website to get the quality links. The reason behind the low-quality links is when you are submitting your website to non-related directory websites. Those links are useless. When doing off page SEO this should be clearly avoided.
Targeting the Wrong URL:
Don’t use home page URL for their submissions. You should use the URL which is targeting a particular web page relevant to your targeted keyword. Leveraging the SEO value by submitting correctly related URL’s.
“When thinking about link building don’t take the easy way, but try to get links from hard-to-get places. The more difficult is to get a link, the more value it has.”